Angleton Chamber President and CEO
Position Posting: President/CEO
Organization: Greater Angleton Chamber of Commerce
City, State: Angleton, TX
Reports To: Chamber of Commerce Executive Board of Directors
Classification: Full time - EXEMPT
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Job Summary: Responsible for providing leadership, fiscal and personnel management, planning, membership development, reporting and coordination of all administrative operations, programming and activities of the Chamber.
Nature and Scope:
Key responsibilities include:
- Corporation Duty: Responsible for the safekeeping of the Angleton Chamber legal records and documents. Prepare, negotiate and mediate contracts, commercial lease space & other legal documents.
- Board of Director Relations: Responsible for effectively communicating and updating directors on Angleton Chamber activities and events. Ensure Angleton Chamber policy is recorded and documented. Assist the Board in preparation of position statements on public issues.
- Program of Work: Responsible, with the assistance of division and committee chairs, for the planning and administration of the Angleton Chamber's annual business plan (program of work), in accordance with the policies of the Angleton Chamber. Assists the Board of Directors in the short- and long-range planning of the Angleton Chamber.
- Staff: Responsible for the hiring, discharging, directing and supervising of all employees of the Angleton Chamber. Manage and lead the chamber staff while creating a work environment that is effective, inclusive, productive and rewarding. Create and implement personnel policies and ensure appropriate staff training.
- Finance: Responsible, with the cooperation of the division and committee chairs, and Treasurer, for the preparation of an operating budget covering all activities of the Angleton Chamber, subject to the approval of the Board of Directors. Responsible for all expenditures within the approved budget allocation. Monitors and assists with the preparation of financial reviews and audits as per the schedule stated in the Angleton Chamber bylaws.
- Membership: Responsible for overseeing the recruitment and retention of new members to the Angleton Chamber. Motivate members to commit to the Angleton Chamber activities and events. Analyze and interpret the needs of members and make recommendations to improve services and assist with adding value to Angleton Chamber membership benefits.
- Policies and Procedures: Provide leadership to ensure the operational components of the Angleton Chamber's function to maximum efficiency. Assist the Board of Directors in the interpretation of Angleton Chamber policies while making policy suggestions aimed at promoting the vision and mission of the Angleton Chamber.
- Facilities: Responsible for the location, design and maintenance of facilities while providing an efficient operation and positive image for the Angleton Chamber. Oversee security and emergency systems for the organization.
- Community Outreach: Represent the Angleton Chamber at appropriate meetings; serve as a liaison with all community groups and as official spokesperson for the Angleton Chamber. Review and evaluate legislation which will impact the Angleton Chamber's goals and policies and discuss potential action plans with committees and the Board of Directors for study and possible future action.
- Internal Chamber Management: Create and prepare comprehensive business plans, strategic plans, annual budgets and marketing strategies. Assure the ongoing and consistent communication to employees, members and the general public. Secure all funds to operate the organizations through dues, contributions, sponsorships and grants. Actively seek new sponsors that allow the Angleton Chamber to provide programs that will build strong partnerships. Oversee all Angleton Chamber programs and special events. Conduct work performance evaluations pertaining to Angleton Chamber programs and activities. Answer workplace complaints and resolve problems.
- Board Responsibilities: Develop and train board members in governance, finance, and promotional strategies. Recruit and develop division and committee chairs, division and committee members and volunteers. Maintain regular communication with board members and other volunteer leaders.
- External Community Responsibilities: Promote and maintain strong relationships with elected officials, business owners and community leaders. Write and deliver articles and presentations for community events, business forums, meetings and seminars. Support economic development efforts in partnership with the local entities. Represent the Angleton Chamber at community forums, city council meetings and community events. Recruit speakers and industry tours. Develop new and relevant programs and Business Builder seminars to offer membership.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years in managing organizations, staff and volunteer leaders and/or boards.
- Experience in chamber of commerce leadership is preferred.
- Experience with the Chamber Master program is preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks (or comparable financial software) and Excel programs.
- Experience with preparing financial statements and overseeing a budget is required.
- Certification through the Institute for Organizational Management through the U.S. Chamber of Commerce is preferred or willingness to participate in continuing education through GCCE and TCCE.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of personalities and professional backgrounds.
- Strong communication skills, including written and public speaking.
- Read, analyze and interpret data needed to make critical decisions in a timely manner.
- Adapts well to change and embraces new ideas.
- Makes thoughtful decisions in stressful situations with compassion, logic, creativity and common sense.
- Participate in professional development and continued educational opportunities
Job performance criteria will be based on the following:
- Compliance of any contractual obligations, allocation of resources for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Development of the organization.
- Achieving membership recruitment and retention goals.
- Achieving budget goals.
- Achieving annual goals set by the Board of Directors.
Application: To apply send letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org